Exactly 10 weeks after I published my first blogpost, I have been given the Liebster Award by spunkyfunkyme, a blogger who follows my blog, but who doesn’t know me from Adam. Thank you, Lucille!
Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
It’s appreciation from fellow bloggers and your chance to introduce yourself to other awesome bloggers.
If you receive the award, you are expected to:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you
3. Tag 11 more Bloggers (with no more than 200 followers; no tagging back) and make 11 questions for them
4. Tell the people you tagged that you did.
Eleven Facts about me:
1. I was born and brought up in Bandra, Bombay (as it was called then) and studied in St. Stanislaus High School.
2. I acted in plays as a student. Now, I often act in real life!
3. I am an adventurous eater and drinker. I enjoy all kinds of food and drinks. I also enjoy the mandatory daily work-outs!
4. I am a firm believer in Freedom of Choice.
5. My favourite Author: P. G. Wodehouse
6. I’m a Mechanical Engineer, now self-employed.
7. I’m systematic; some people may say I’m finicky!
8. If I feel strongly about a matter, I try to do something about it. If my effort has an impact, great! If not, I’ll have the satisfaction that I tried.
9. I’m pretty irreverent: no holy cows for me! I try to live life according to my conscience.
10. I believe religion is a private and personal matter. Another person’s religion makes no difference to me.
11. I can’t stand: Hypocrisy, Dishonesty, Ingratitude, Unpunctuality, Self-pity, Pomposity, Opportunism, Discrimination, The 7 Deadly Sins (as per Mohandas Gandhi)
My answers to the eleven questions I have been asked:
1. What is that one moment that defined you?
Please read Lines 24 to 30 of my blogpost ‘Making others punctual’
2. The best thing someone has ever said to you.
A few years back, a few persons whom I had given ‘Pink Slips’ the previous year telephoned me and wished me ‘Happy New Year!’ I was happy for them that they had been able to move on after putting the bad experience behind them.
3. If you weren’t doing what you’re doing currently, what would you see yourself as?
Lawyer or Journalist/Author
4. The best place you’ve travelled to, and the best memory associated to it.
Matheran (a hill station about midway between Mumbai and Pune). When I went there, there were only mud roads. No cars were allowed. Perfect getaway from city life!
5. How did you deal with your first heart break?
Confided in my closest friends; they helped me get over it.
6. What is the worst piece of advice you’ve given someone?
I rarely give advice. To the best of my knowledge, on the very few occasions that I have given advice, the recipient has benefitted.
7. If you could choose your name, what would you call yourself?
8. Have you ever done something stupid, and absolutely loved it? Temme about it.
In November 2003, while transiting at an international airport, a Security Officer mechanically asked me, “From the time you boarded your incoming flight till coming here, have any people given you anything?” To break the monotony, I said, “Yes.” She became very alert and asked, “Who was it? What did they give you?” I replied, “A few people gave me smiles!” and smiled! She had a good laugh!! Fortunately, she had a sense of humour. I loved the joke and still do, but considering it was just 2 years after 9/11, my joke could have backfired badly!
9. What is the worst Youtube video of yours, that became a viral sensation among your friends?
No Youtube video of mine so far!
10. Have you ever considered shaving your head, just for kicks? Would you?
11. If you had a chance to slap someone, just for being alive, who would it be?
Quite a few people qualify. But I refuse to answer this question on the ground that it might incriminate me!
The Eleven Questions that I now ask the bloggers I am awarding:
1. Who’s the one person that can always make you smile?
2. If you could eat only two things for a week, what would they be?
3. How do you want people to remember you when you’re gone?
4. What would you do with 1 crore rupees, if you were given 30 days to spend it?
5. If you could have one supernatural power, what would it be?
6. Which living Indian politician do you admire and respect the most?
7. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
8. Which was the best moment in your life?
9. What was your most embarrassing moment?
10. If you could spend a day with 1 person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
11. What is the best gift you were ever given?
The Eleven Worthy Bloggers I pass the Liebster Award to:
1. http://beingpsych.wordpress.com Mayank Modi
2. http://www.iobserve.in/ Ankush Bhattacharya
3. http://abitofthisandtat.blogspot.in Preethi Prasan
4. http://www.sacshan.blogspot.in Sachin
5. http://swati1012.wordpress.com/ Swati
6. http://storiesinmoments.com Pankaj Sharma
7. http://shellymona.wordpress.com/ Sheela K. Kumar
9. http://mahabore.wordpress.com/ Jairam Mohan
10. http://typetoexpress.wordpress.com/ Padmanabha Gururajan
11. http://nuthanwashere.wordpress.com/ Nuthan Shetty
These are not in any particular order. I’ve nominated them because I enjoyed reading their blogposts.
Request to Awardees: Please leave a link to your Liebster Award post in the comments section below so that I can read your answers. Looking forward to your posts!